Thursday, July 9, 2009

42.7 @ 19.1

8 or 10 brave souls showed for the Wednesday night ride. Wet roads and a news of a tornado warning near Monticello greeted the riders, all who looked like they were going for a ride on a warm sunny day, except me in my endura stealth lite bibs, waterproof booties, beanie and arm warmers. I specifically asked the reporter guy that was there not to take a pic of me since I'd make these guys look bad.
I never seem to learn my lesson, accepted an offer from Martin to break off and stay near the west side of town for a 19 avg 50 miler-ish. He's uber stongen, even with his 30 miler pre-ride I was sucking wheel for atleast half of our 30 miler. He's really a great pace car, fast enough to hurt but slows for the squirlly stuff enough to allow recovery. I'm amazed at what crappy shape I'm in compared to 4 weeks ago. Left knee achin' on the front and inside today. I probably would have been better served by staying with the group and sitting in for some less intense tempo given my current status. Live and learn, noob. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment