Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heyokas

I'm not sure if it's "faith" or "fate".
I chose faith since that's the framework by which these lyrics spoke to me.
Maybe someone can offer clarification here.

Some of you may recognize the singer's voice from The Beauty Shop.

Heyokas - Split the Difference

You say you're lonely.
Well, I say you're crazy.
Let's split the difference and prepare.
We'll both prepare goodbyes.
Cause I'm leanin' heavy on a fragile railing.
Will it hold the weight, will it hold the weight
of both you and I?
Light me on fire to break this slump.
I traded in my water for a cup an empty cup that I saved.

Never get tired of lookin' back.
Livin' in the past is just a safety net.

We set set our faith too low.
The odds are high.
Come and go.
We set our faith too low.
Too low.

Now let's be honest, you didn't keep a promise.
I'll split the difference and pretend that everythings allright.
We're inchin closer to an empty notion.
Can we walk away?
Can we walk away?
Or will we only try?

Light me on fire to break this slump.
I traded in my water for an empty cup that I saved.

Never get tired of lookin' back.
Livin' in the past is just a safety net.

We set our faith too low.
The odds are high.
Come and go.
We set our faith too low.

The odds are high.
Come and go.

We set our faith too low.
Too low.

You say you're lonely.
I say you're crazy.
Let's split the difference and prepare.
We'll both prepare goodbyes.

Cause I'm leanin' heavy on a fragile railing.
Will it hold the weight, will it hold the weight
of both you and I?

Light me on fire to break this slump.
I traded in my water for an empty cup that I saved.

I never get tired of lookin' back.
Livin' in the past is just a safety net.

We set set our faith too low.
The odds are high.
Come and go.

We set our faith too low.
Too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment