Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Propensity


"Fake it 'til ya' make it." I've had a few incredible people tell me this notion in the past and I've struggled with how to implement it in a way that feels genuine. I get the sense that mimicing successful behaviors and techniques is like a large awkward bird running and flapping its wings, not yet in flight but doing what it takes for flight, and then finally, flight. Or maybe an aborted launch and re-try after a gathering of strength and available wits.
 
"80 percent of success is just showing up" — Woody Allen
You don’t need to be fancy or clever or brilliant if you can be consistent.

Rolf Aspins arrived in perfect condition and I only slightly regret not waiting for a wheelset with bladed spokes. These old guy legs need all the help they can get to stay up with the horses.

Mirrored and manipulated crops are turning out to be a daily source of creative excercising. I happened across a puddle with an oil slick on it today and it seems to have translated well.

I love the spark I feel when something catches my eye.

Inversion:








No comments:

Post a Comment