Saturday, June 20, 2015

Circuitous Setback

After swapping out a compressor relay that died in the open(on) position I went for a cruise to raise some spirits.

DSCN3051

DSCN3062

On the way home I hear a pop after a stop and right turn, it starts missing, dies shortly after and coasts to a stop on a side road. I smell smoke, jump out to check the engine and see flames shootin’ from carb. Rip off shirt and try to smother, realize it’s fruitless and go for the extinguisher to make a mess.
 

Best I can tell it backfired and caught the element on fire, not sure why the plug wire popped off.

DSCN3068

After vacuuming with a paint brush cleaning all the dust off its a crank and no start. Seems a lot like when it ate the pickup coil not too long ago. Thankfully I had the fire extinguisher or it coulda’ been a lot messier. Maybe the truck is trying to tell me something but I don’t really speak it’s language.

DSCN3040

And now the van decides its time to leak rusty water from who-knows-where when it rains and stain my lovely new ‘crete,  Havin’ fun now.

When it rains it pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment